Support Worker - Manor Crescent
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent or Bank
Salary: £8.50 to £9.00 per hour
Job Code: GHL1
£300 Joining Bonus
FREE TRANSPORT from West Byfleet or Woking train station
Do you want a role where you can support people with learning disabilities and make a positive difference to their lives?
At Glenholme, we can offer you the opportunity to have a meaningful career by joining our friendly team at Manor Crescent in Byfleet, Surrey. Our service is two adjoining homes for residents who have severe learning and often also physical disabilities. The service is specifically designed for young adults who are at a stage of their life where they are ready for greater independence.
We are looking for passionate and hardworking support workers to assist our service users to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life, to participate within the community and to develop their abilities.
- Develop warm, trusting relationships with service users to encourage them to express needs, views and concerns and enable them to participate as fully as possible in planning and decision-making processes.
- Assist service users in the administration and monitoring of prescribed medication.
- Promote the self-esteem, happiness and emotional health of service users.
- Support service users with their personal care and appearance. This will include supporting people with bathing and dressing.
- Assist service users with daily living skills and activities which will include moving and handling.
- Support service users in developing a socially valued lifestyle, including culturally and age appropriate experiences, building on strengths, interests and aspirations of the service user.
- Carry out domestic tasks which could include assisting service users with their washing, ironing and general cleaning tasks as required.
- £300 joining bonus
- Comprehensive and fully paid training
- Permanent full time (37.5-hours), part time (15 or 22.5 hours) and bank contracts available
- FREE TRANSPORT TO WORK for full time permanent members of staff. We will pay for your train ticket from Woking station to West Byfleet train station and/or pay for a taxi to our service. Part time staff will be entitled to some free transport, but this will be agreed based on your hours worked.
- 28 days holiday plus an additional day holiday for your birthday
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- £250 referral bonus
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly GEM award with £250 bonus
- Paid care certificate and salary increase once completed
- Paid DBS application
- Overtime available
- Paid shadow shifts
- Flexible shift patterns
- Progression opportunities
We are looking for someone who
- Is able to work flexibly to meet individuals’ support needs
- Has a positive attitude
- Is able to work as part of a team
- Has a good understanding of the need to promote independence and life skills
- Is caring and compassionate
- Has a desire to provide high quality care
Glenholme Healthcare is a fast growing and dynamic organisation. We are expanding and opening new services, so there are real opportunities for career development for a rewarding long term career. We value our staff and work hard to develop their skills through the provision of training and support.